urLoan provides consumers with an online marketplace that searches for loans from various Canadian lending institutions. urLoan helps connects consumers looking to finance goods or services with loan organizations that offer loans outside of traditional mortgages or lines of credit.
When you visit urLoan.com, or any time you interact or do business with urLoan, you agree to the terms of this Policy as updated from time to time. We encourage you to periodically review our Policy.
What information do we collect?
urLoan collects identity and contact information from you through its website for the purposes of searching for loans. This information is used to complete your request, to provide you with better service or to offer you products and services we believe you might be interested in.
The following are examples of personal information that we collect:
- Customer name and contact information, including mailing address, telephone numbers, fax number and/or email address;
- Additional information for identity matching and credit check purposes, such as income, previous addresses, Social Insurance Number (if provided), date of birth and driver’s license number;
- Information about the account or loan, such as current and historical account or loan information, balance and indebtedness, account transaction history and similar information, and records relating to the handling of any inquiries or complaints;
- Payment-related information, such as banking information; and
- Such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law./li>
You are always in control of your personal information. You may revoke urLoan’s consent to maintain or release personal information to any party by advising urLoan of your revocation of consent in writing to [email protected]. The revocation of consent shall be effective immediately, subject to legal, regulatory or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
urLoan Websites and E-Mail Communication
urLoan does not guarantee the confidentiality of any communications made by you via e-mail or otherwise through our websites. If you wish to provide information of a confidential or sensitive nature to urLoan, please contact us directly by telephone to arrange for delivery/transmission of such information by secure means.<
Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
We will use our best efforts to ensure that personal information is accurate. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information and you agree to not misrepresent your identity.
urLoan uses your personal information to search for loans and provide you with competitive options. In doing so, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies and to your current or future creditors for the purpose of maintaining your credit history and providing credit references;
- To financial institutions for payment processing purposes;
- To third parties as reasonably necessary:
- To enforce your contracts with us and otherwise for the collection or payment of a debt owed to us;
- For the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud;
- In connection with audits;
- For the purposes of meeting legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, risk management and security requirements;
- To directly communicate with you, for targeted advertising, marketing, promotions, research or contests.
- Unless you have opted out, to affiliates of urLoan to enable them to offer you additional products and services;
- Unless you have opted out, to urLoan’s insurance partners so that they may offer insurance products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- For other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
In addition to the above, personal information may be shared between urLoan affiliates for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes including defending and bringing legal actions. In the course of fulfilling the purposes described above, urLoan may transfer your personal information to service providers, including affiliates or other third-party organizations or individuals retained by urLoan to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, customer service, office, security, collections, insurance, financial and taxation services. When personal information is transferred to service providers, we use contractual or other means to ensure that a comparable level of protection is provided. Some of our service providers may be located in the United States and will be subject to applicable legal requirements in that country including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in certain circumstances.
urLoan may also use and disclose personal information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of urLoan or our business or assets (including your loan), for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. Assignees or successors of urLoan or our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this Policy.
urLoan may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
urLoan will not collect, use or disclose personal information for other purposes without obtaining your further consent, except where authorized or required by law.
Sharing Your Information
Under certain circumstances, and where you have provided your consent, your personal information may be shared with third-party financial lenders chosen by urLoan for the purpose of evaluating your eligibility to receive financing pre-approval from their financial institutions. Third-party financial lenders may collect, store, disclose or otherwise use any personal information that you have provided to urLoan. Under the Policy, urLoan is not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, however caused, arising out sharing your personal information with third-party financial lenders.
Urloan may transfer personal information to service providers, including affiliates or other third-party organizations or individuals retained by Urloan to perform functions on its behalf, such as serving or products and managing our website. We do not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices of third parties. We are not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. Please ensure you review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
urLoan endeavors to maintain the strict confidentiality of your personal and contact information. We maintain technical and procedural safeguards which are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. urLoan acknowledges and adheres to the terms and regulation of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) when collecting any personal information. Inquires or Further Information
Attention: Privacy Officer
55 Port Street, Unit 200
Mississauga, ON, L5G 4P3
You may also reach the Privacy Officer by calling the Company’s toll-free phone number 1-844-350-5626; alternatively, the Privacy officer can be reached at: [email protected]